A Brief History of Wire Strings
Apparel & Accessories
Shipping, Payment, & Return Policies
Ordering / Contact
Information & Articles
News & Specials
News & Specials
- June 1, 2014: There are a number of changes and additions since the last update (following a protracted computer crash):
- I am now stocking a variety of gauges of "bronze" strings. These strings are a little darker sounding than the yellow brass, slightly higher in density, and have a slightly higher tensile strength. They are suitable for those looking for a different sound, those wanting a slightly higher tension (or desiring a slightly thinner string for the same tension), or needing a slightly stronger material than brass. Available both as plain and twisted strings.
- I have created a new section of the site, Information & Articles, which contains just that: information and articles on early wire-strung instruments. This section will be expanded over time.
- They're not music and they're not wire, but they're still early and they're still cool... "Traditional Archery" shirts are now available! See Apparel & Accessories for more information.
- June 22, 2012: I'm pleased to offer new hand silk-screened "Cittern" t-shirts and Andrew Hartig Custom Strings music totebags. See Apparel & Accessories for more information.
- Apr. 4, 2012: Andrew Hartig Custom Strings is now on Facebook! Visit us at http://www.facebook.com/amhstrings.
- Check back here for more updates, or subscribe to our Mailing List and/or join us on Facebook to get first-hand updates! (See details under "Specials," below.)
To find out about special offers and get news and updates, become a part of our Mailing List. Or connect with us on Facebook. Or do both!
Mailing List: Our free newsletter via e-mail. Your address is kept private and will never be shared. Specials and News go straight to your inbox, so you'll never miss a thing. To sign up, please send an email to mailing-list at theaterofmusic dot com.
Facebook Page: Our free connection through Facebook. Unlike the Mailing List, specials may be promoted on our Facebook page as status updates but are not sent to you via e-mail. However, news will be updated more frequently on the Facebook page (including works in progress), and you will have access to far more supplementary material, including articles, images, and (eventually) video. To connect, simply click the "Like" button below and sign in (if you aren't signed in already).